Jumat, 15 April 2011

Urban Avenger - The Real Life Superhero



In the Real Life Superhero community, Urban Avenger stands tall among equals. And for more than the most obvious of reasons. “I’m on patrol, even when I’m not on patrol,” the San Diego, California-based hero states, “even when I’m not in my costume as a visual deterrent for crime, if I see something going down, I will act. Anytime, anywhere.”

As a former victim of crime himself, Urban Avenger always had a strong sense of social justice. And when some of his friends alerted him to the growing movement of creative altruists across America, he was intrigued. “I saw a movie once where someone asked ‘Why don’t more people dress up in costume and help others?’ and I thought ‘Yeah, why not?’,” he says. “And when I looked into it more online, I was so inspired by what I saw, that I knew this was something I had to get in on, something I could do to make a positive contribution to the world. I wanted to go out and actually stop people from being victims of crimes.” And once that seed was planted, there was no stopping its growth.

Visit the complete article here.

0 komentar: